Friday, February 8, 2008

What is God doing?



The honest answer, I don't know. Why does he cause or allow tragedy? Don't even want to begin to go there! Where was he last Sunday when six of his missionaries were in an auto accident that killed three of them (including little Isaac, 17 months) and left the other three in critical condition? I know the "party line" answer. He was there all along, but that is really hard to believe at times like this. One thing I have to say, though, and in this is the paradox; he is definitely pouring out his love and care on the families now. Deänne and I will be visiting the Amavisca and Sward families this evening, once again. It is our joy and honor to do so. Pray for them! Make every minute one filled with obedience and love.

2 comments:

Matty said...

Jeff,
I was sorry to read the sad news from this post and I've been struggling with similar questions. We've had 2 people associated with the Hope Center, Ukraine die unexpectedly in the past 3 weeks - one very violently. Some days I love this planet we've been blessed with and other days I hate this fallen world. God bless your family and your team at OCI.

Matt Gaw
Kerch, Ukraine
www.coloradogaws.blogspot.com

Jeff and Deänne said...

Thanks, Matt. It is an honor to know you and track with you on the journey of obedience you guys are on. When you take these steps you never think it could cost you your life, but that is the reality. We are priviledged to pray for you!!